Saturday, September 22, 2018

Message to the new Left International








Dear Progressives,

Earlier this week I wrote to you – I pleaded with you – to wake up, get mad, and raise hell. I know I'm about as subtle as a kick to the groin, but when I said that we're screwed if we don't mobilize the grassroots, I meant it.

Why? Because when reporters ask me if I think we can beat President Donald Trump in 2020, here's what I tell them: If we don't radically fix our democracy right now, we may not get to 2020.

If you don't believe the most important fight of our lives needs to happen right now, over the next six weeks, you must be on a different planet. Can you chip in, right now, to help hundreds of Our Revolution groups elect real progressives this November?


DONATE to Our Revolution at:


Do you know who the biggest voting bloc in 2016 was? It was the 100 million voters who stayed at home and didn't vote. If that isn't a national emergency, I don't know what is.

I'll be honest, if we think for one second that we can win this November using the same incremental strategy used by establishment campaigns, we don't stand a chance in hell. The only way we're going to win is through grassroots organizing, neighborhood by neighborhood, door to door. I'm not saying it's easy, but it's not rocket science.

My new movie – Fahrenheit 11/9 – comes out in theaters today. I know it'll make you angry – with Trump, with Wall Street, with multinational corporate criminals, and with the political establishment. But it should also give you the motivation you need to DO something about it before November.

It will be opening in more than 1,700 theaters across the country, the largest ever opening for a non-fiction film. I encourage you all to use this film as an organizing tool – register voters, connect with your neighbors, collect email addresses, or go canvassing straight from the theater!

You haven't shied away from the fights people said were impossible. Instead, you've made them reachable: Medicare for All, tuition-free public college, getting big money out of politics, getting serious about our climate – these are all things we can make happen together.

The political revolution is within reach, but it isn't going to trickle down from the top. The revolution has to come from right here – the people.

One way you can help right now is by giving directly to support Our Revolution's grassroots organizing.

Hope to see you at the theater this weekend!

In solidarity,

Michael Moore






















No comments:

Post a Comment